The West Bengal government provides a monthly pension scheme to the senior citizens of The West Bengal. The name of the scheme is “Bardhoka Bhata”(বার্ধক্য ভাতা পেনশন স্কিম) or the old-age social welfare pension scheme.
This pension scheme is applicable to all senior citizens irrespective of their caste. The Old age pension scheme is a part of the Social Welfare Pension by the Department of Women. child Development and Social Welfare of the West Bengal Government.
Apart from this, the Department of Women, Child Development, and Social Welfare also provide two more pension schemes, namely the ”Protibondi Bhata” for citizens with disabilities and “Bidhoba Bhata” for widows.
In This Article, I am discussing Bardhoka Bhata”(বার্ধক্য ভাতা পেনশন স্কিম) or Old Age Pension Scheme 2022 Eligibility Criteria, age limit, Scheme Benefits, How to apply, how to Check Application Status, and other important links. Well, let’s start the post right now.
Bardhoka Bhata/ Old Age Pension Scheme West Bengal 2022 – Overview
|Name of the Scheme||West Bengal Old Age Pension Scheme|
|Department||The Department of Women & Child Development and Social Welfare|
|Article Name||Old Age Pension List 2022 West Bengal|
|Beneficiaries||The Old Age Citizens of the West Bengal|
|Objective||To do the financial help of the old age citizens of the West Bengal State|
|Launched By||The Government of West Bengal|
The West Bengal government gives monetary support to the senior citizens of the state. This is provided through a monthly pension as a part of the social welfare pension scheme. This scheme was introduced back in 2010. Many senior citizens are benefited from this scheme which is given by the West Bengal government.
Eligibility Criteria for Bardhoka Bhata/ Old Age Pension Scheme
Any person who wants to receive the pension under the scheme .They has to fulfill the certain criteria in order to apply for this scheme:
- 60 years old senior citizens can be able to apply for this scheme. (Age Limit for physically and mentally handicapped person is 55 years.)
- The Applier should not be taken the advantage of any other government schemes.
- The income of the applier should be below Rs.1,000 per month.
- The Applier should be a permanent resident of West Bengal for more than 10 years.
Required Documents for West Bengal Bardhoka Bhata/Old Age Pension Scheme
All the Documents that are need to be attached along with the application form, while applying for the Old Age Social Welfare Pension Scheme the required documents are:
- Applicant Details.
- Voter ID.
- Aadhaar Card.
- Address Proof.
- Family Income Certificate.
- Caste Certificate.
- In the case of Disability Pension, mention the type of disability.
- Bank Account Details.
Bardhoka Bhata Application Form
The Bardhoka Bhata Application form can be obtained from the address which is given below.
- Office of the Sub-Divisional Officer in case of the applicant resides in Municipal / Notified areas outside the areas of Kolkata Municipal Corporation.
- Office of the Block Development Officer or the Executive Officer of the concerned Panchayat Samity in case of the applicant resides in the rural areas under the said Panchayat Samity.
- Office of the Controller of Vagrancy, West Bengal situated at Purta Bhawan, Bidhan Nagar, Kolkata-700091, in case of the applicant resides within the areas under Kolkata Municipal Corporation.
How To apply for WB Bardhoka Bhata/Old Age Pension Scheme 2022?
- To apply for this scheme, you should need to download the application form from its official website.
- Also, take the printout of this application form.
- Fill up this form completely,
- Attach the self-attested copies of the relevant documents along with the application form.
- Submit it to the respective department’s address as provided on the official website.
Benefits of Bardhoka Bhata
The beneficiaries will receive a monthly pension of Rs. 1000 as monetary support from the Department of Women, Social Welfare, and Child Development of the West Bengal Government.
How to check Bardhoka Bhata Scheme/Old Age Pension List 2022?
- First of all, visit the Official Website i.e. wbcdwdsw.gov.in
- Then, click on the official link i.e. wbswpension.gov.in for more details.
- Search for the Old Age Pension List 2022 West Bengal.
- After finding it, you can check the detailed WB Bardhoka Bhata/Old Age Pension List 2022 here.
Bardhoka Bhata FAQ’s
Q. Is the Old Age Pension monthly or yearly?
Ans. The Beneficieries receives a monthly pension of Rs.1000 for the Government of West Bengal.
Q. Who is eligible for Bardhakya bhata?
Ans. Applicant must be a resident of West Bengal. And must be a widow. The monthly income of the family of the applicant woman should be Rs 1000.
Q. What is Bardhoka Bhata?
Ans. Bardhoka Bhata is a monthly pension scheme for the senior citizens of West Bengal by the state government.